Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Good Talk




Sometimes what we need the most in our lives is a good talk with our best friend.  No, I’m not talking about Jesus.  I’m talking about that person God has given you on this planet, which you are walking life with, to help you to love Jesus more.  This morning I needed that talk and God gave me the chance to have it.
You see my heart was hurting!  I felt that I was not growing closer to my Savior and that we as friends were not growing in our love for Christ.  I had noticed that we were not spending as much time talking about what God was doing in our lives.  We would often just talk about surface stuff and rarely spent much time in the word together.  As we talked and were honest with each other, we found that we both felt some of the same things.  We both felt that we needed to make sure that we made time to do the most important thing; YES, we would make time to spur one on towards love and good deeds, YES, that we would not place ministry or anything else before our relationship with Christ, and YES, that Christ would again be our first and primary focus.
So today we challenge one another to walk in a way that is worthy of our Savior.  YES, today was a Good Talk.

P.S.  Today would be a good day to read Hebrew 10:19-25!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friends "share in trifling and serious matters", but never skimp on either. Well spoken.

    I was just thinking about this:
    My Favorite Definition of Friendship

    ReplyDelete