Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The most dominate thought

This morning we had the opportunity to join others in a web based bible study that is lead by a man named Kenny Crosswhite. Today he was talking about abiding in Christ. I thought to myself, “Do I truly enjoy abiding in Christ, do I love to spend time getting to know Him and listening to Him?” Kierkegaard once said, “Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thought.”

So I ask myself: Does my life express Jesus? Do people see Jesus in my actions? Do people hear Jesus in my words, or notice Jesus in the manner in which I live my Life? You see, I have found that it is not an easy thing to have Jesus as my most dominant thought, or the most dominant person in life. There are so many other things and other relationships that can grab the most dominant position. We must fight to keep Jesus in that place. We must fight as if we are fighting for our very lives. You see, He is our life and He alone can give us life and life abundantly. John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I come that you may have life and have it abundantly.”

So today my prayer is that Jesus will be the most dominate thought in your life and that you will have life and have it abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment