Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THE ANCHOR



I have come to find the heart is an odd thing.  One day it sings with joy and the next, it cries with pain. What I find so odd is that I’m not sure what causes the switch. As I walk this journey of life, I have also come to find that there are few anchors for the soul. There are very few things that you can place your hope in. And even fewer people that care enough to help you along the way. I’m not saying that there aren’t kind people, for on my journey I have meet many. But what I often find is that they are either too busy, they beat down themselves, or they’re not sure how to go about helping.

Or maybe I have looked to people to do that which only Jesus Christ can do. Maybe the anchor for my soul is that one who died for my soul. Maybe my heart is telling me that I need to have an anchor that cannot be moved, one that is constant in the storms of life. Maybe the highs and lows of life are just God’s way of letting me know that there is only one true anchor in life, and the people I have met along the way were never meant to be the anchor, but are there to help me see my need for the only true anchor of the soul, Jesus Christ!!! Yes life is an odd thing, but there is one who can make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment