Thursday, October 1, 2009

Changing our Perspective


I have often found in my own life that it is most difficult to see things from God's point of view, when I'm looking at it from my perspective. When I let the troubles, the problems, the difficulties, the negative emotions of life tell me how i should interpret the goodness and the greatness of my God. Often times what I need is a a change of perspective. In his book Wild Goose Chase, Mark Batterson states " here the bottom line where you a geographically affect where you are spiritually" what I think he means is that sometimes you need to change something in your life, so that you can see things from another point of view. And I found that to be really true in my own life. I just spent a few weeks in Alaska, and I was taken back by the Majesty of my God, and then I asks my self why was God different in Alaska then back in Ohio, no but the change of location, and the change of the pace of my life, allowed me to see just how awesome my God is. as Mark Batterson puts it,
(change of place+change of pace=change of perspective) so today if you need to change your perspective, go somewhere, take a long drive to a quite place, go sit by the lake or ocean, build a fire in your back yard, walk to work, bike to work. Just do something different and see if your perspective changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment