Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Sense of Destiny


When God told Abram to leave his country, his people, and his family and go to a land I will show you. I wonder what went though his mind. When God told him I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you, what was Abram thinking. Was he thinking about his Destiny, that people would remember, and know his name for thousands of years to come. One of the things that happens when we become a Christian is that gain a sense of destiny, a sense of mission. After God placed his hand on Abraham (Genesis 12), he never looked at his life the same way. He said, I am special, and I have a purpose. All the nations of the world will be blessed in me, God has done this great time and he used me. Abraham was not being prideful, he had gained a sense of purpose, he came to realized his destiny. Today more than ever I feel we need to realize our purpose and our ability with the direction of God to understand our destiny. Jesus came so that we would understand why we where created and what the purpose of our lives are. Today is a good day to come to our senses and allow God to to do that which only He can do, give us purpose and a sense of DESTINY.

No comments:

Post a Comment