Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Have Been Crucified With Christ


Have you ever, thought hard on this verse? I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, “who loved me” and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 ESV)

I thought, “Man, I don’t live my life like that.” I know the biblical truth, that when I accepted Christ as my savior, my sins where crucified and paid for by His shed blood. I know that Christ has accomplished for me that which I could never accomplish for myself. Christ satisfied the wrath of God, making a way for me to have peace with God, yes I get all of that. But what I don’t get is my halfhearted response to Him who has done so much for me. Why don’t I say, “IT IS NO LONGER I WHO LIVE, BUT CHRIST WHO LIVES IN ME.” How can I be willing to give so little to him who gave me so much?

After reading this verse this morning, I looked up the word crucified.

Webster states that crucified means:

· To put to death by nailing or binding the wrists or hands and feet to a cross

· To destroy the power of

So I know realized that, I must die, destroy the power of the things of me, and live for the things of Christ. I now belong to him; my life is to be lived for him. I must give up what control I thought I had and let Christ rule in my life. I must become a bondservant of Christ. One that willing gives his life to the one that owns him. So be it Lord, make me what you would have me be. For my hearts desire is to be able to say these words. “I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST, IT IS NO LONGER I WHO LIVE, BUT CHRIST WHO LIVES IN ME.”

1 comment: