Friday, December 2, 2011

Peace with Circumstances


Peace with Circumstances


“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” These are the words that paul writes in Philippians 4:19.


How many times have we read these words and quoted this verse to others when things are tough, and when money is tight. Yet if you are anything like me, it is hard to believe this truth when it is me who is facing the hard time. Today I asked myself, why is it so difficult to trust God for all my needs? Why is it so easy to tell others this truth, but when it’s me, I just cant seem to wrap my heart around these words.


As I look back over my life, and my ministry, I can clearly see how God has supplied all my needs. But in the mist of the circumstance I for some reason take my eyes off of Jesus. I’m like Peter when he was walking on water,(Matthew 14:28-32) You see Peter was fine as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus. But once he started to look at the storm he became afraid. He allowed his Circumstances to overwhelm him, and he started to believe a lie. He failed to trust Jesus, you see Jesus had just told him to come to Him. But the storm caused Peter to lose trust in Jesus. Jesus was still faithful, and He still rescued Peter, but Peter made his situation worse by his lack of faith.


So as I look back over my life I can see how every time, when I thought I would not make it, and I thought that God had failed me, I can now see that He was faithful. But I also see how much worse I made things. How many sleepless nights, how many times I struck out at God and blamed Him. How many times I made things worse by not trusting His word. Yes, I am starting to understand how to fight the good fight, how to trust God in the mist of a storm. It is by believing His promises, to trust that He will make a way when all seems lost. I have come to see that our God is faithful and we just need to keep our eyes on Him. So when you are in the mist of a storm, know that God will supply your every need.


Im not saying that everything will work out how you want it to and sometimes the storms in our lives are due to our own sin. But, sometimes God is allowing a storm so that you will turn back to Him. Know that God is still faithful,even if we are the reason for the storm. God will work it out for our good, even though it may be a hard lesson to learn.


Alway remember that no matter what how big the storm is, when the storm is about your needs. God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. So in the storm keep your eyes on Jesus.


1 comment: