Friday, July 9, 2010

Reference Point



Dennis Kin law in his devotional book (this day with the master) states
“Contrary to much modern thought, the key to self is not in the self. Without an external point of reference point of reference that will not move, we simply wander and lose our touch with reality”

I am taken back by the time in my own life that I have lost touch with reality. I have made life all about me, what I want and what I deserve. I convince myself of how important I am and my own point of reference becomes myself. The problem with my reality is this, when life becomes too much for me to take, when I can’t win the battles that war inside of me, when my own self caves into the pressures of life where can I turn when I am not enough? If my reference point is internal, when I’m defeated there is then no hope for me. So to have a point of reference that is outside of myself, and strong enough to do that which I cannot, becomes of the utter most importance. If I cannot save myself then logic tells me I am in need of a savior. This is the truth that so many have rejected, they know in their hearts that they are not able to rescue themselves, but are unwilling to turn to the only true God who can do what they cannot. The Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:1 “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins. “ So if we were dead we needed someone to make us alive, someone to save us, and that is what God did for us. In Ephesians 2:4&5 the Bible states But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy made us alive with Christ. The reference point is God for he alone has the power to make those who are dead alive. He has given us the opportunity to accept Jesus Christ, and by doing so we choose life. We come to understand that this Jesus is the only reality that can save us from ourselves. So take a moment look to Jesus and ask him to save you, you will find at that moment you have life everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment