Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thanks for the Bread



Dear Friend,
I’m writing to say thanks. I wish I could thank you personally, but I don’t know where you are. I wish I could call you, but I don’t know your name. If I knew your appearance, I’d look for you, but your face is fuzzy in my memory. But I’ll never forget what you did. If you’ve ever read Max Lucado’s book, In The Eye Of The Storm, you can recall the story.
A young man was working in a Texas oil field where on a hot day, one of the bosses came out to a group of rough men. Right there he invited them to a church meeting, believing against all odds that not one of them would come. They may laugh at him or make fun of him. But what he did not know, is that his courage and his love for God would later help a young man who was deciding if he could come back to the faith of his youth.
That’s the wonder of our lives, we may never see what good we do when we listen to God’s leading, but our obedience can and might become the bread of life for someone else. I can recall in my own life how others, without them even knowing it, have given me the courage, the desire, the hope to continue on when l wanted to give up. I’m not sure where I would be if not for those who have been a friend to me and have loved me, through their actions and kind words. Just think, when was the last time you invited a person that has no interest in God or the Bible out to your church, or Bible study. I know what you’re thinking. They don’t care about God. Well, that may be true now, but what happens when they are all alone and they are looking for a place to turn, they are asking if there is a God, or can God love a person like them. It might be at that moment that God speaks to them and they remember what you did or said, and because of your action and your words, they give God a chance.
You see, God will meet them in that place and change their heart. I love when Jesus said in the Bible, “I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE”. All we have to do is give people THE BREAD OF LIFE. He will do the rest. So today let your words and your actions point people to JESUS, and you may one day receive a card, a note, or a letter that starts with Thanks for the BREAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment