Monday, July 26, 2010

Shower





This morning a friend of mine sent me pictures from a slum in Africa, as I looked at the pictures I was taken aback by the conditions, in which some people have to live in. There were so many questions that flooded my mind. Why do we allow people to live like this? How can they carry on? And why does God not intervene? My heart was broken for those people and then I realized that God has worked in my heart through the pictures. He caused me to see people how He sees them. I want to go and do something, to do anything to make a difference. Later as I was standing in the shower I just thanked God for the ability to take a shower. I know that many in the world don’t even have clean water to drink, and here I am clean water running over me and God reminded that He cares for those in the slums of Africa. He reminded me that one day He would make everything right. He reminded me that He is a God that sees and hears the cries of all those that are suffering. As I stood there he also reminded me that he has given us the duty to care for the poor, and to take the message of hope to the lost. I don’t know how, but God used pictures to speak to my heart and to challenge me to not forget those that the world has forgotten. So this morning I am thankful to God for a shower, I am thankful that for me God has seen fit to allow me to enjoy hot water running over me. I’m also thankful that God did not just allow me this morning to take for granted this gift, this shower, this feeling of enjoyment. This morning God used my time in the shower, to speak to me, to hopefully change and to give me a heart like His. So yes, I am thankful for a Shower.

1 comment:

  1. don this post just spoke to me so much. we are blessed so we can be a blessing and it's easy to forget that.

    ReplyDelete