Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Power Of the Word Of God


As I was reading in the Bible the other day, I was caught off guard by something I have never caught before. In the book of (1st Thessalonians chapter 2 Vs. 13 &14) So this is what is says

And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe. For you brothers, became imitators of God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews. So here Paul is telling them that the reason they where going through all this and they where being persecutes was because they had really accepted the word of God, not just as words of men, or good words, but as the words of God. Now think about that, when was the last time you said to yourself these are the word of the most high God. No really think about that, if we really believed that would we not live differently. If i go to church and lets say I don't like the preacher, does it matter these are the words of God, not the words of a preacher. I came to understand that God's word bring power in my life when I accept it for what it is , the powerful, true, life giving WORD OF GOD. I had always knew it was the word of God, but often times i treated it was just words, and for that today i ask for forgiveness. For I now want to always accept it not as the word of men, but as it actually is the WORD OF GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment