Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Little Bit Of Jesus


In his book Forgotten God, Francis Chan states," When people give their lives to God in exchange for a ticket out of hell, there is often no Turing or change of direction, which is the definition of repentance. If all you want is a little Jesus to "spiritualize" your life, a little extra God to keep you out of hell, you are missing out on the fullness of life you were created for." As I sit and think back to why I give my life to follow Jesus, I think I belonged into this category. Yes hell was somewhere that I wanted no part of. But something has happen as I have gotten to know this Jesus, I have found myself more and more in love with Him. The more I read about Him, spend time praying and meditating to Him and on Him,the more I can't wait to be with Him, to see Him and to talk to Him face to face. There is now nothing in me that wants just A Little Bit Of Jesus. There are still time when I sin, but I know deep in my heart that my life is now His. And I now know that the things of this world do not compare to what He has offer me. Yes I'm am grateful that when I die I will not have to spend eternity in hell, and yes I'm thankful that I wont have to be alone forever, and yes I'm humbled that I am now consider a friend of God. But more than anything I am most thankful that I will be with Jesus Christ. I know of no other that has loved me so deeply. No other that has known me so completely. And no other that has rescued me so totally. I want Jesus more and more, once you really know Him, you will always want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment