Saturday, December 26, 2009

Trying to Find God


It's had to discern God's presence in the busyness of life. Even when I try to do all the right things, such as reading my Bible, praying and going to church. Yes God's presence seem to escape me, and it seems as if God is elusive not wanting to be found. Can it be that I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? should I add something else to my list so that God will hear me? The more I think about it maybe I'm trying to give God a list of things when all he ever wanted was me. I mean my heart, maybe His plan was for me to fall in love with Him, not just a list of things I do for Him, but a heart that loves Him and wants to spend time with Him. Wants to get to know Him, and hear from Him. A heart that seeks him with passion and with intensity. Is it only there that we can find Him?Is it only there that we come to understand that God is a God of deep relationships, a God of passion and love. How is it that I ever thought I could find Him, by keeping a list of do's and dont's. I think that today I will give my heart to Him and then I will wait and be found by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment