Monday, December 14, 2009

The Questions of the Heart


In the end, science does not provide the answers most of us require. Its story of our origins and our end is, to say the least, unsatisfactory. To the question, “how did it all begin?", science answers "Probably by an accident." To the question how will it all end?" science answers "Probably by an accident." And to many people the accidental life is not worth living" Neil Postman

So Why do we try so hard to find answers to the questions of Life? What is it that drives us? what is it that we so desperately want to know? We want to know that we matter and that we have a purpose. We what to know there is more to life that just 70 or 80 years, and if there is more, how do we find it? So God gave us the answers, but for most people God's message has not be accepted. I guess the concept of a loving, just God that set the standards for life is thought to be wrong. Many say that God need to do it the way that they think is should had been done. I guess they believe they should tell God how to operate, how to run things. And when God doesn't they decide that he is no longer God. Well Im glad that God is God and that he has given me the answers to the questions of my heart. I don't think that I'm an accident and thankful that God has told me that I'm not. That he created me and that he love me and has a plan for my life. Im glad that he gave me the Bible so that I can know for sure whats happens after this life and how to spend my life with Him forever. John 20:31 says "But these things are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and believing you may have life in his name." Yes i am thankful that God would care enough to answer the most important questions of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Don, you guys need to have a PHONE NUMBER posted on your home page, and a CONTACT US page with phone, too.

    Just noticed this is missing.
    Good devotional thoughts today.
    Hey, thanks for the warm welcome at the Open House. Check out the Bargain Hunter next weekend!

    Jen Kneuss

    ReplyDelete