Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pressing On

I wrote this poem during a hard time in my life, a time i really needed hope. It was during this hard time that God really spoke to me. And now I share it with those who read this blog.

Pressing On

Do you ever get tired of this fight that we’re in
Do you ever just once want a victory to win
Will you press any harder, will you give any more
Does your soul now feel empty, is your heart now not sure.

Do you feel now abandoned, all alone once again
Can you lean on your own self can you lean on a friend
I have been there right with you, does God even care
I have questioned God’s love, I have questioned my prayer.

Can I fight without ceasing, can I trust and obey
In a God who is lifeless who has left me this day
Press on they all tell me, don’t you ever give in.
Don’t you lose what you fought for, don’t you do it my friend.

Press on they all tell me when I’m feeling this way
Not one of them hears me, can’t they hear what I say
I know not how to go on, I know not how to fight
I have lost all my courage, I have lost all my might.

Press on, press on, these words ring in my ears
I try to suppress them, but they have awakened my fears
“Go away! Go away!” my heart and soul cries
Can I look to the heavens can I look to the skies.

Would one dare try to tell me this lament is unreal
Would one care to show me how my heart dares to feel
Till this soul within which no longer gives
Heal this heart that keeps me but no longer lives.

I have searched every corner I have sought every cure
I have given my all I have learned to endure
I have tried with all effort to understand it all
I have given my best on God I now call.

No comments:

Post a Comment