Friday, May 30, 2014

A time to serve a time to pray a time with friends, Kenya day 4

Kenya Day 4



Today was one of those day that will change any heart. We spent the day at Mwangaza African International Mission. This ministry includes a school for kids, orphanage, church, and a farm. Mwangaza mission is to reach orphans, and also kids a very poor families. They have a home for the orphans. We had the privilege of leading a chapel service, and then spending the rest of the day hanging and playing games with the children. I was amazed at the discipline of the children and the love the staff had for each student.

As I watched our group interact with the children, my heart was moved by how God was teaching me and showing me what it means to love the lease of these. Even though these children have very little, the joy on their faces was priceless. They wanted to take pictures with us, spend time with us, wanted us to pick them up, they did not care that we were different, they just wanted us to be with them.

As I talked with the leadership, I knew that somehow I was meant to partner with them, and even prayed that maybe our church would partner with them. Their vision to teach The word of God, while also providing education, housing, and love to these children, won my heart. There were 130 kids there and I bet we spent time with most of them, they laugh at how we talked, and how we sung, they loved the song O-happy day.

Another lesson I am learning is that what we think of as being less fortunate, they don't see it as we do. Even though they have very little, they have taught me that if you have Christ you have enough. Also if you have Christ and just your basic needs met you are more than blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Reading about this day you had, really touches my heart. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to know that there are still exist the Godly person like you.
    i'm so blessed to see how God used you. Gbu:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Don! We are so spoiled!

    ReplyDelete