Thursday, May 29, 2014

A time to serve, a time to pray a time with friends, Kenya day 2



Kenya Day 2

Matthew our van driver pick us up at noon for our drive to Eldoret. I found out that's Matthew and his family are catholic, and that his wife died a few years ago and he is raising his daughters. Mathew also informed me that most churches and schools in Nairobi are catholic. He did not talk much more about his family, but he seemed to enjoy telling us about Kenya. After 6 plus hours of driving and a few stops along the way we arrived in Eldoret. The Samaritan Purse compound is just that a compound. It is completely enclosed with two guarded gates that you must pass though to enter. The Thomas' greeted us as we came though the second gate. It was so good to see them and after unpacking our luggage we had a meal with Nate, Stephanie and their two boys Dan, Ben and a pastor friend name Ben.

It was good to eat a home cooked meal, and to hear of the work that we will be doing while we are here. Tomorrow we will be working at a christian radio station, and will be recording some messages that will be broadcast later this month. There is also some physical work that we will do while at the station. In the evening Travis and I have to speak. As I write this one thought that I can't shake is the danger that the missionary live in daily. I asked myself if I had a family would I want them to have to live in a gated compound, where you have to lock every door behind you. Where you had to think about safety as much as you think out anything else. But then I thought Christ I worth every sacrifice and every danger. So I as that you would pray for the families that serve here in Kenya, pray the people we encounter that they would know Christ, and pray for us that we will be changed and follow even more diligently after Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Don , pray you and the team stay safe and sheltered under HIS care and protection .

    ReplyDelete