Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Story Line of Our Lives


This morning I was reading C J Mahaney’s book, Christ Our Mediator, and this line grabbed my heart, “The Cross climaxes the story line of the Bible, as well as the story line of our lives. “

The thought really struck me! Without the Cross, my life would be a mess. I would have no hope and be in despair. How often I forget that the Cross is not just for those that need Christ, but just as much for those who have Christ. You see when I feel there is no hope, I can look to the Cross. When I feel like I don’t matter, I can look to the Cross. When I want to make life just about me, I need the Cross. When I want to not love others, it is the Cross that reminds my heart how to love. When I feel my sin is to great to forgive, the Cross shows me that the blood of Christ is great still. When a loved one dies, it is the cross that allows me to know I will see them again.

Yes, it is the Cross that has become the “Story Line Of My Life”. It intersects my life at every point and gives my life meaning, hope and purpose.

Luke 23:33-35, “And when they came to the place that is called the Skull, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on His right and one on His left. And Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ And they cast lots to divide His garments. And the people stood by, watching, but the rulers scoffed at Him, saying, ‘He saved others; let Him save Himself, if He is the Christ of God, His Chosen One!’”

Lord, thank you for what You did at the Cross for me and for all who believe and who will believe. Yes, thank you for the Cross!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment