Monday, November 11, 2013

Win the Day



This past weekend I was at a conference in Indianapolis called Act Like Men.  Although I was not sure of what God would say to me, I knew that God would speak and challenge me in some area of my life.  That he did!  I was challenged to be a man that had a heart for the lost.  I was challenged to break the chains of generational sin, and live a life that would bring God glory.  I was challenged to do all that I do in love.  Bigger than all of these was one particular challenge that I couldn’t forget....... “Win the day! Yes, win today for Christ.
Not worry about winning every day, not winning the week, or the month, or the year.  But to Win the Day!  It is a simple concept.   Not hard to understand. But it gave me a hope and a belief that I could do it.  I could overcome anything for the One who overcame for me.   I could Win the Day, this day for Christ.
You see, if you’re anything like me, you sometimes get defeated trying to overcome sin.  This makes you ask yourself, “What if I do great for a while, but then I cant do it any more?”   I tend to always project out and worry about what happens tomorrow.  This overwhelms me at times.
My challenge to all who are reading this is, consider learning to Win the Day.  Today, love your God with your whole heart.  Love your wife as Christ loved the church.  Reach out to those who need to be loved.  Feed the poor.  Care for the orphans and widows.  Pray without ceasing.  Take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ.  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.  And  “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.”

Yes today, Win The Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment