Monday, October 28, 2013

The Search…



I have often thought, “Why am I here?  What is the reason for my life?  Why does life seem so hard to figure out?”  
Genesis 1:26 tells me, that God created me in His image and likeness.  Why and what does that mean exactly?  I have continued to seek the answer to this question, and have found that the answer can be found in the search.  It leads me to ask the questions: who created us, why we were created, what does the creator want from us? 
This search for meaning and emptiness in our soul, leads us to reach out to the One who created us.  If it is true that God created me and made me in His image, believing in this truth causes me to find my meaning in Him.  It also tells me that God wants a relationship with those He created.  He wants us to know our purpose and reasons for life.  
As we reach-out to God, and continue our search, we discover more and more about Him and ourselves.  Learning more about Him, is all we need to know about our purpose, our destiny and our hope.
So continue the search, continue to reach out to the one who created you, and in the end you will find God and discover your purpose.


PS. Read the Gospel of John, chapter 20, verse 31.  You can know life and the author of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment