Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What if we give thanks to the Lord with our Whole Heart?




As I was reading today this verse stood out to me, Psalm 9:1&2
            I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sign praise to your name O Most High.

As I read the words, I ask myself, do I do this? Have I ever given the Lord thanks with my whole heart? Have I ever recounted all his wonderful deeds? Do I exult Him, and do I sing praise to His name. And my answer was not often enough. There are so many times when I don’t do these things. When I take my eyes off of the Lord and I don’t exult Him gladly. 
 If I don’t put my whole heart into thanking the Lord for all he has done for me, it is easy to forget how truly Awesome He is. What would it look like if today God’s people would truly thank him with our whole hearts? If we would come to Him with no requests, but only thankfulness, if we would recount his wonders to a lost and drying world. What if today we would fill the earth with  praises to his name.

Lord today I will thank you, exult you, and recount your wonderful deeds. Lord today I will sing praise to you alone. Because Lord, you along are worthy of all of my efforts and all of my love, for you alone are God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment