Wednesday, August 21, 2013

“And He Will Be the Stability of Your Times.” Isaiah 33:6


 

I have come to find that there is only One who can bear the weight of true worship. One who is God alone. When all else has failed us; the things we worship, our money, our efforts, our careers, our dreams, ourhopes, our wisdom.  When all these fail us,the one true God will be our stability. He is an unmovable rock on which we can stand.

I have found this to be true over and over again. I have found that God can hold me up even when it is me who has let me down. Even when it is me who has failed, yes, even I cannot be my own stability.  For when I have tried, I too have failed. I am not strong enough to take on the things of life alone.  They will eventually crush me, overcome me or defeat me. But when I stand in Christ,can bear all things.

As the bible states in 2 Corinthians 4:7-9,

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

 

When we stand in Christ, no matter how hard things get, how much the world throws at us or how great our failure is, we still have the rock to stand on.  That rock is Christ!

I am not saying that we won’t have consequences. We will! However, because of Christ, God will not allow any of those to be greater then the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross to pay for every failure.

So when you need a place of stability, cometo Him who is truly able to be your stability in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment