Saturday, April 27, 2013

When we lack Clarity we lack Commitment



Often time I find that it is not for lack of desire that we fail to commit; it is for lack of clarity.

Let me explain what I mean. In my heart I have a strong desire to love Christ and follow Christ wherever he may lead, but because I can not see clearly at times, I fail to see, that the things of Christ are far better than anything this life can offer, I often take my eyes off of Him, who I know has the best things for me, and chase things that are less than. I cannot see that if the things I am building or doing have no eternal value; if they bring no glory to my God and my Savior, they are the wrong things to be chasing.

You see this life has a way of making us nearsighted and blind, to those things of most importance. In 1Cor 15:3&4 Paul states
“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures”

You see, Paul is making it clear that this life first and foremost; is about what Christ did for us, and what Christ wants from us. At the end of his time on earth, Christ told us in Matthew 28, to go and make disciples. To go and make sure that people understand what he did for them and what he expects from them. I believe that whatever we do, we must always keep this truth before us. We must use all our gifts and talents in a way that helps us to make disciples. We must use our time our resources for this cause more than any other cause.

You see when we see clearly we understand that God does not bless us just so we can use all of those blessing on ourselves. We understand that we are to use all things for the purposes that God intended. I feel that each person must ask himself or herself if they are using the blessing of God for the purpose God intended. If not I think its time we all get Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment