Thursday, February 23, 2012

Increase our Faith


Have you ever wanted to have more faith, I have. So often I find myself not really having faith that can move anything let alone faith that can move mountains. For that reason I love Luke 17:5 where the apostles said to Jesus “Lord increase our faith” and Jesus responded by saying “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to the mulberry tree. Be uprooted and planted in the sea, and it would obey you” This verse is found in a section of scripture that is dealing with forgiveness and as the apostles heard Jesus teaching on forgiveness they ask him to increase their faith. And that’s my point.


I am finding that no matter what the situation is in life, when there is a difficult choice to be made, or a hard battle to be won its not more faith we need but to act on the faith that we have. We need to become more obedience to God’s word, and live out the principles that are found within His word. Now don’t get me wrong I would love to grow in my faith, but it is not more faith I need, it is growing in the faith that God has given me. I need to ask God to help me grow in my faith, so when the hard things, the impossible things that God my ask of me, I can respond as God would have me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment