Friday, November 4, 2011

I know God can, I know God will, and even if he doesn’t

I love Chapter 3 of the book of Daniel, it’s a story of a King that thought way to much of himself and three young men that thought much more of their God. You see, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego where unwilling to worship King Nebuchadnezzar as he had ordered. They where unwilling to give to a man, that which belongs only to God, just think how easy it would have been to do what everyone else was doing. Just think how easy it would have been for them to say it’s really not that big of a deal. They had no way of knowing that there story would be come one of the great Bible stories. They did not do it so others would see, or read about it. They did it because they loved their God, and wanted to please Him more that anyone or anything else. Just think these 3 young men standing in front of the most powerful man in the world at the time, and the bible tell us in Daniel chapter 3 what happened. “16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” I have asked myself many times would I have the courage to say these type of words, would I have the Love for God to stand for Him before the leader of the world. I pray that if ever comes a times, that I’m asked to stand, I will stand like these young men stood.

No comments:

Post a Comment