Thursday, October 20, 2011

God’s Final Word




Today I was reading the book of Hebrews, chapter one verses 1-4. I was studying this text, as I was going to speak on it later in the day. As I read the text I saw it, God no longer spoke to us, like he did to those in the Old Testament. God no longer spoke to us by prophets, or by the law, or by kings, or by judges. But God speaks to us through His Son Jesus Christ. What an awesome thing. The God of the universe, final word to us was done through Jesus. Yes, God became man, and then he told us from His own lips, how He feels about us. He told us that He loves us, and then He showed us how much He loves us by dying for us. Do you get it, do you see it. When God wanted to give us His final word, He did not leave it to anyone else. He Himself came down to us and spoke the words from His own lips. He said I love you and I will make a way for you to be with me again. Then he went on to accomplish, the things that He told us he would. He saved us, by giving His own life in place of ours. He bought us back, He over came the power of death, and He gave us a chance for victory once and for all. He gave us Jesus Christ. Anyone who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved. (Romans 10:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment