Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ex-nihilo




When you think of creation, how everything came into being! What you believe determines so much of your personal worldview. What ever you believe about the creation of the universe, random chance, intelligent design, or somewhere in between, your belief about how the universe was created will determine your worldview on creation and on God for the most part. The Greek word (Ex-nihilo, which means to create out of nothing,) gives you insight to my worldview. Being a firm believer in God as defined by the Bible, I believe that God being the only person that has always been, without beginning or end created all that is out of nothing, (Ex-nihilo.) Most people feel that this is a naive or UN intelligent worldview . I have often been asked how can I believe in a God that has no beginning? A God that spoke the universe into existence, or created out of nothing, how could I believe all of this? My response is simply this, I believe because God says so. I have come to understand that I am not here to prove God. And even if I wanted to, it would be completely impossible for me to do so. How does anyone prove that which is beyond our comprehension? Now I’m not saying there is not any evidence of the existence of God there is, and if you want to know more about that there are many Good books on the subject. Such as The Reason for God by Timothy Keller, The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel, just to name a few. But what I am saying that when it comes to creation all worldviews end up being an argument in faith. I can’t prove it absolutely but for me there is enough evidence to know that God is the creator. The Universe did not happen by random chance, but by the intelligent design of an all-knowing God. And he created Ex-nihilo out of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment