Friday, November 13, 2009

The Practice of the Presence of God


" At any moment and in any circumstance, the soul that seeks God may find Him, and practice the presence of God" from the Book of the same name. So what does it mean to practice the presence of God? How do I get to do that and why would I want to do it. I often wonder what God is like and if he is anything like the God of the Bible then why would I not want to get to know Him better. Take for example the Bible says that God is a loving God, a just God, a God of peace, and of understanding. It goes on to say that He punishes the wicked, and will one day deal with all those who stand against himself God. So I get it people don't like it when anyone tells them that they are wrong or that they fall short of the Glory of God. And I get it that no one wants to be told that they are sinners, and I'm right there with you. I don't like that stuff either, but if that is the truth and there is a God that can save me from myself, well I want to get to know him. Because in the end I dont just want to be right, I worried about being right with God, if he is who he says he is. I would very much like to be in His presence, now and forever. So if that takes me admitting that I don't have all the answers, and I can do it without Him, well that's a small price to pay, when compared to spending the rest of my life with Him. Today is a good day to start practicing the Presence of God. John 3;16 is a really good place if you would like to start a relationship with the God of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment