Monday, September 21, 2009

Living outside of the Box

One thing I have come to understand is this, If I am going to follow JESUS with my whole heart, I must often times reject what the majority often says and compare all aspect of my life to Scripture. I'm not saying that I always do it but it must become my goal, for only then will I come to desire God enough that everything else is second to Him. In his book Crazy Love (Francis Chan) quotes 'I quickly found that the American church is a difficult place to fit in if you want to live out New Testament Christianity. The goals of American Christianity are often a nice marriage, children who don't swear, and a good church attendance. Taking the words of Christ literally and seriously is rarely considered. That's for the "radicals" who are "unbalanced" and who go "overboard." Most of us want a balanced life that we can control, that is safe, and that does not involve suffering." And the more I read Scripture the more I feel that God demands that I give up control of my life to Him, and only then can I become the person that I want to be. A Disciple of Jesus Christ, for Jesus call us to follow him not to lead the way. Its time that we Christians give up this ideal that we can do it our way, God will never be ok with that, because he is God and he has created us to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment