Friday, June 19, 2009

From My Heart

As I sit here today, my heart is heavy. Over the past few weeks I have been somewhat sad. It is the kind of sadness that the bible calls sadness of the heart. Even this morning I was reading an article that stated (World hunger reaches the 1 billion people mark.) Then I was reading in the Bible from the book of Revelation chapter 2 and I was taken aback by how God spoke of the people. How God stated that he had things against them. How they had lost their first love. How we as people often turn from good to our own selfishness. I’m sad when I realize that more often than not I worry about myself but care little for what others are going through. I find myself asking why do we have so much. But give so little? Over the past few weeks I have had an overwhelming feeling that we as people are not becoming better but more self-centered. But it is now more than ever people need to have hope, and we that are the most privileged should do all we can to help those who are not. My heart also tells me that people not only need their physically needs met, but also their spiritual needs as well. I can only pray that this sadness in my heart will cause me to do what I can with what I have, for the good of those that God has given me a heart for.

No comments:

Post a Comment