Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WAIT FOR THE LORD!


I’m sitting here this morning thinking about how life has changed over the past few years.  Life has become very busy.   The ministries that God has allowed me to be part of have grown and demand much more of my time.  My friendships have become deeper, my love has grown greater, and my dependence on God has increased because I have come to understand that I can do nothing without Him.
That is where I have found the great need to wait on the Lord.   When life gets going and more things are placed on your plate, we need more of God.  Life is such a complicated process!  It is not something to be lived without the constant presence of God.  The people that God has placed into our lives are precious and I have done more than enough in my past to harm some good friends.  
I can only truly love the people that God has placed in my life if I love them with the love of Christ.  In order to be the leader and friend that God has called me to be, I need to have more of Christ in my own
            I have to get this right.  No matter how much is on my plate, I have to have Christ in the center of it all or it will all fall apart.  So this morning as I was reading Psalm 27, which is one of my favorites, I noticed two things.  First, I need God’s presence. Psalm 27:4, “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.” You see the psalmist got it right, we need to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of our lives.  We need to always seek God, to always be near to Christ, no matter what else is going on.  Second, Psalm 27:14, “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” We must wait on God, when more and more is added to our lives we must take time to wait on Christ, to hear from Him and to be lead by Him. 
            In the past when I would rush into things and not seek God’s guidance or pray for Christ to lead me, things did not workout so well.  Because of my own desires, I ended up sinning against my God and those whom I loved.  If I had given God more of my heart and my desires, if I would have waited on the Lord and spent time with Him in prayer, many of my mistakes, my failures, and my sins would not have happened.

             So seek the Lord and wait on Him always.  He is able to with your life great things that you can not do on your on.  He will also keep you from sin, and from hurting those you love and those entrusted to you.  WAIT FOR THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment