Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Where My Heart Wants To Go!


As I sit here, my heart is unsure of what it feels. I have come to find that lately that my Heart is longing. Longing for Christ and the peace that only He can bring. Life has a way of beating you down, making you feel alone, helpless and defeated.
When I was younger the pleasures of this world, both good and sinful, would be my escape from this place. But now I find no peace in those escapes. I often just want to be at peace and free from the emptiness of this world.
My heart wants to be with Christ. I can’t even put it into words the sense of peace I find in the person of Christ. The more I come to understand what He has done for me, what He is doing in me and what it will be like when I am with Him. I long for His presence. I don’t long to die, I just long for the peace and contentment that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul stated in Philippians 1:21-23, “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far.” Now don’t get me wrong, I am nowhere near the man that Paul was. I cannot begin to compare my walk with Christ to how close Paul walked with Christ.
I’m simply saying that I have a longing in my heart that only Jesus Christ can satisfy. I don’t always have that longing, and I pray I would love Christ as much as Paul loved Him. I pray that I would hate sin as the Apostle Paul hated sin.
I’m far from the man that Paul was, but I do know I have a longing to be in the presence of Christ, much more than I have before. It is the place…. Where My Heart Want’s To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment