Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Fear Not


I often think of the shepherds on that day, the day that Christ was born. How would you respond to an angel of the Lord appearing? Yes I think we all would be fearful, and then to hear the angel say, “fear not. What a relief, but that was just the beginning, that great news was coming. The greatest of all messages was about to be proclaimed. A message that would change everything, yes, a message that had never been spoken before. This Christmas morning as I read the story of the Birth of Christ in Luke chapter 2 the message brings hope to my heart. 

For the angel said “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Yes on that day, God came into the world that had no hope and gave us hope. He came that we could again be with him. On that day God the Son said to all who would hear Him, “I Am here” you don’t have to be afraid, you don’t have to be alone, you don’t have to be lost. I have come that you may have life in me. All who would have life I have come.  Put your trust in me, put your hope in me, put your dreams in me, and I will give you far more than you could ever imagine. For I will give you myself and you will always be with me.


So today on the day we call Christmas, remember the greatest gift that has even been given, the gift of God himself. And for those who have never accepted this great gift, God himself invites you into a relationship with Himself, FEAR NOT receive today the gift of Christ Jesus the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment