Tuesday, June 4, 2013

You Cannot Give What You Do Not Have




Often times, I feel that we as followers of Jesus Christ, we forget one of the most important truths… If we are to make an impact in this world for Jesus Christ, we must have more and more of Him in our personal lives!  For to give others the hope they are looking for, we must give them Jesus himself.  You cannot give in abundance what you only have in scarcity.  So many of us spend so little with Jesus that we really have nothing to give others.

I find it odd that at times I forget that it is not me that others need, but it is Jesus.  If I have not spent time with Him, what is it that I have to give to others?  My advice, my words, my thoughts, my ideas… all of these I may think are important, and they may even be good.  However, only Jesus knows what is truly needed.  

So when I spend time with Jesus, only then do I have what is needed by those who I will encounter that day.  When I spend time in the WORD, only then will my thinking line up with God.  Only then will the thoughts I give to people be the very words of God, not Don’s words. 


Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.  She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”



So today before you go out to encounter what the day may bring, spend time with the Jesus.  Allow Him to speak into your life, so you can then speak in others lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment