Friday, August 17, 2012

But you are a Chosen Race



One thing I am coming to understand is this; in life it is often hard to see myself as God sees me. This may be due to the fact that I often allow my failure and my sin to define me. If you are anything like me, it is hard for you not to be defined by such things. So when I read a passage like 1st Peter, chapter 2 verses 5-10 I have to take a step back and remind myself of the truth of whom I am.
         Verse 5 starts out by saying “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you my proclaim the Excellencies of him who called you.”

I have to say to myself, that the creator of the universe sees me differently that I see myself, he sees me forgiven because of what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. When I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior everything changed. All my sins, past, present, and future were forgiven and will never separate me from God. I’m not saying that I don’t have to fight against sin, I do. But I now fight against sin knowing that I can over come sin, because Christ has over come all things. I also now fight sin, not out of fear but out of love for the one who loves me, and who died for me.

When I remember these truths, I remember who I am in Christ and that I am not defined by my sins or my failures, but will only be defined by my God. I am His and he will never let me Go

No comments:

Post a Comment