Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Letter to my Friends



One of the things I love so much about the bible, is how often it speaks to my heart, and what’s going on in my life. And lately my life has been a little odd. You see often time I love to go to a coffee shop, or MacDonald’s for coffee in the morning and to read my bible. But it seems that recently my reading has invited others to come over and give me their opinion about, God, or Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, or a verity of other things. Most of the conversation is good, many people just want to see what I’m reading, or they ask me to pray for someone they know and is in need of prayer. But recently the interruptions have been more aggressive and challenging. Take this morning, a man ask me what I was reading, and I told him, I was studying Jude, because it was what I was teaching my Sunday morning class. At that point he said that God and Jesus were God alone, but that the Holy Spirit was not God, and furthermore, the Holy Spirit was not even a person, but was just the spirit of the father and the son. Now you have to understand, these types of conversations seem lately, to be the norm. Just a few days before I meet with and old friend and he told me that he no longer believes that Jesus was God, that only God the father is God. Another friend told me that he now believes that all roads lead to God so all religions are true. As I have been reading the bible, I now realizes that the bible tells that these things will happen. I’m not saying that I know where each person that comes up to talk to me about these things, stands. Some may be just trying to figure it all out, some may just have bad understanding of God and His word. But the bible says in Jude 18 “In the last times there will be scoffer, following their own ungodly passions. And I do believe that. As I have been reading Jude and 1st John I know that people will deny the person Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. People will add too or take away from the word of God. But as it states in Jude:20&21 But you beloved, build yourselves up in your most holy faith, and keep yourselves in the love of God. That's what we are called to do, to contend for the faith and to build ourselves up in the most holy faith. I know that God is allowing me to have these conversations, so that i can see the scope of the problem. Our faith, and our God are under attack, so lets stand for Him and his word, because he has done so much for us.

P.S. today remember this truth

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment