Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Small Step



Often I find myself overwhelmed by all I want to do and been in life. Often times every decision I need to make seems to have so many challenges. Nothing seems easy and the road ahead appears to be too difficult for me to travel. Why is it that the things of God always seem to be the hard things to do? Why is it that good things are often time hard things? I know that Jesus said in John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” But why does it always have to be so hard. I know that often time I want more than anything to love God and follow Jesus, but as soon as I make that choice, it seems something happens that pulls me away from Him. Whether it is my own sin, or the busyness of my life or worries, or something else it seems that something happens to pull me away from Him. And because of my inability to love God with my whole heart, I then ask myself did I really even mean what I said? do I really want to love Jesus. That when I must trust the God of the Bible and the Lord of my life. Yes I will have those times when I think and feel that it’s too hard. Or when I feel I'm just not good enough, but it's at that moment that I must take One Small Step of Faith and trust what I know to be true. “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Yes Life is hard and following Jesus makes it harder, but it also makes it worth living. So when you feel like giving up, just ask God for the strength to take the One Small Step, the step of faith to keep on fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment