Tuesday, December 14, 2010

AWE


There are few words in the English language that can make one stop and think of something or someone bigger than ourselves. But the word "awe" is one such word. Just think about it, when was the last time your were in awe? Was it a star filled night, your first glance of the Grand Canon, the birth of your own child, lighting flashing, or an eagle flying. Yes when you think about it, it is always something out side of your self. We are never in "awe" of ourselves, I believe this is true so that we take our eyes off of ourselves long enough to see the greatness of the God who created all that bring us to a point of awe. For me the story of the birth of a baby, two thousand years ago, a guiding star, three kings, angles singing, and an angel announcement (I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people) is an awe moment. There is nothing in me that gets why a good God would come to save me. Why he would come as a child, be born in a manger, not in a palace, live a a sinless life die on a cross for me. I'm am taken back every time I think of the story, and I'm in awe of what God has done for me. There are few things that can bring one to a point of awe, but it is most sad when the one thing that should does not. God is always worthy of Awe because of who he is and what he has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment