Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Needing More


Today has been one of those days, there is nothing really wrong but for some reason I don't feel very close to God. Its one of those days when I want nothing more than to feel God near, to know that I am a friend of God. But the feeling they don't come. And I often wonder how I got here. Lately I have had many victories over sin, I have spent much time in God's word and I have really focus on Jesus Christ. So why do I feel so far form Him. I think that God is telling me that I must desire Him even more, to spend more time with him. I think that God is saying to me that he is jealous for my time, not in a negative way but in a loving way. He wants to grow our relationship, but it will require much work, quality time together. I must place the first most important on Him. I will need to be devoted to Him and become a serious student of His word so I can know Him better. I have come to realize that this feeling of distant is nothing more than me falling in love with my God and I desire more and more time with Him, talking with Him. I need to make God the center of my life, for I desire a depth of intimacy that only happens when you spend vast amount of time with the one you love. So today I have came to a place of longing for more of God

No comments:

Post a Comment